The Colorado Front Range is known for its rapid changes in the weather. Winter can be frigid cold. Summer can bring baking temperatures.
Before it gets too hot, you may want to check your air conditioning. No one wants to be miserably hot in their home when the AC is broken.
Signs That Your Air Conditioning Is in Need of Service
Of course, if it’s sizzling hot outside and your AC is not working, you know you’ll need heating and cooling services Aurora CO. In many cases, your cooling system will give you clues that it is in need of maintenance or servicing well before it quits on you. Here are a few telltale signs to look for:
- Does your system cycle on and off repetitively?
- Are your cooling costs increasing for no apparent reason?
- Does the AC make funny or loud noises?
- Is the cooling system emitting bad-smelling or stale air?
What To Look For From Your Heating and Cooling Service Call
You want to choose a firm that provides excellent customer service so your system is professionally repaired by certified and courteous technicians. Among other things, the pros should ensure that the following is checked and taken care of during your service consultation:
- Condenser coils: These should be cleaned and checked for damage.
- Compressor: This is the heart of your cooling system. It can become fatigued or in need of replacement.
- Filters: These should be cleaned or replaced to ensure that the cooling system is operating at peak performance.
- Wiring: All wires should be cleaned and checked. Exposed wiring is a major safety hazard.
- Main AC blower: Dirty blowers tax the efficiency of your cooling system and should be evaluated.
- Residual messes: Your home should be cleaned and left free of any mess that is made during the AC service call.
Hopefully, by following these tips, you can get the maintenance you need to stay comfortable during the summer season.