Today’s world is driven by so many technological revolutions and AI technology is one of them. There are huge numbers of artificial intelligence technologies are developing around us. It is likely that you have already used it in your daily trips, searching the web or consulting the latest social network update. The AI has a huge impact on your personal life as well as on your business arena. In this article, we will review some of the best examples of using artificial intelligence in business that you can implement in anytime.
Examples of artificial intelligence that you can apply in business
Artificial intelligence means giving machines and programs the ability to think like a human being. Companies are increasingly looking for ways to put this incredible technology to work to improve their productivity, profitability and results.
Business intelligence: examples of business management
We have been using different AI applications in business management for some time. Among the best-known examples are the following:
- Spam filters in email or intelligent categorization functions in email.
- Smart personal assistants, like Siri or Cortana.
- Process automation, predictive systems or advanced computer security technologies.
- Online customer support
- Devices and intelligent programs that adjust according to user behavior.
Artificial intelligence: examples in electronic commerce
When talking about artificial intelligence in business. For examples: when we want to implement AI technology in product recommendations or personalization as a service, the first ones that come to mind in the field of electronic commerce. But the alliance of e-commerce and artificial intelligence goes much further, delivering novelties such as:
- Smart searches and relevance features
- Purchase predictions
- Detection and prevention of fraud for online transactions
- Dynamic price optimization based on machine learning
Artificial intelligence in business marketing
The incorporation of artificial intelligence in business marketing increases the profitability of the actions. Among the applications of artificial intelligence and the perfect examples of AI technology in this field include the following:
- Data analysis and customer segmentation.
- Recommendations and content cure.
- Automated web design and news personalization.
- Recognition of language, as well as patterns and images.
- Sentiment analysis
- Predictive customer service
All these examples illustrate only artificial intelligence AI advances in some areas like the online business store, there are many more and there are still new to come, as you continue the pace of development of this science.
Limitations of artificial intelligence
However, while there are many benefits of artificial intelligence in business, there are also certain barriers and disadvantages that must be taken into account.
One of the main limitations of AI is the cost. The creation of intelligent technologies can be expensive, due to its complex nature and the need for repair and continuous maintenance. Software programs need a periodic update to adapt to the changing business environment and in case of failure, they present a risk of loss of code or important data. Restoring this often takes a long time and is very expensive.
Other limitations of this technology have to do with:
- Integration challenges.
- Latencies caused by implementation times.
- Problems of usability and interoperability with other systems and platforms.
- Errors due to lack of understanding of the latest generation systems.
When deciding whether to use technology driven by artificial intelligence, keep in mind aspects such as:
- Complexity of technology.
- Ethical issues
- Protection of the privacy of clients and users.
- Loss of control over some business decisions that may affect the strategy.
- Possible lack of transparency
While these risks cannot be ignored, it is worth bearing in mind that for the most part advances in AI can create better business and better lives for all. If this great technology can be implemented responsibly, the potential of artificial intelligence is very great and examples such as those reviewed in this post have already proved it.